- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employee and family.
- On duty shift personnel work approximately 10 shifts per month for an average of 56 hours per week.
- City of North Platte pension plan through ICMA-RC.
- Tax deferred compensation and Roth accounts available.
- Vacation leave (amount varies per years of continual service.)
- Sick Leave (approximately 288 hours per year.)
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program counseling.
- Yearly Uniform/Clothing Allowance.
- Paid military leave.
- Other leaves include personal/emergency, funeral, maternity/paternity leave, jury duty, family and medical.
- Department Health & Wellness Program
- Possible eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Tuition and Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- IAFF Local 831 union membership available.