Cody Park Rides and Concessions Assistant Manager (Seasonal)
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our Rides and Concessions, Including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and Park/Cemetery Supervisor.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage all area of the Rides and Concessions and make final decisions in absence of manager on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to City Standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food and Safety Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and concession/rides areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional Concession/Amusement Ride image, including cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with General Manager for efficient provisioning and purchasing supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Estimate food needs, check in the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests to return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Sit in on interviews of hourly employees. Provide development and when necessary reprimand Employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance analysis.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Assist in schedule prep and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Provide strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by Cody Park Concession/Rides and personnel.
- Hotel/restaurant knowledge is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel)
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to a background check.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily business activities.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Keep Manager and Park/Cemetery Supervisor promptly and fully informed of all issues
- (i.. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with the City of North Platte policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all city employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and effectiveness.
- At all times provide a favorable image of the City of North Platte.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Dress appropriately with standard Management attire.
Supervision of Others
- 15+ employees each shift.
- Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise (typical work week =40 hours). April through September
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Work in extreme to semi-extreme environmental and weather conditions.