Benefits of joining the North Platte Ready to Serve Volunteer Program (RSVP)
In addition to the personal rewards of volunteering, RSVP provides:
- Excess auto, medical, liability, and accidental death insurance, provided at no cost. This insurance provides coverage while volunteering. Download Volunteers Insurance Service brochure.
- Two recognition events held annually to show appreciation to volunteers.
- A name badge and shirt to wear while volunteering to be personally identified.
- A monthly newsletter and hours sheet with up to date volunteer opportunities and local events.
- A 12 month calendar.
- A free token of appreciation and a chance to win a free lunch at a local restaurant when hours are reported every month.
- We will keep track of the hours you report. Volunteer hours can be used to advance rank in Boy Scouts/Girls Scouts, High School Community Service Hours, College Applications, Scholarship Applications, Employment Applications, Military Service, etc.
When you volunteer, you’re not just helping others– you’re helping yourself! Volunteering leads to new discoveries and new friends. Plus, studies show that volunteering helps you live longer and promote a positive outlook on life.