Household Hazardous Waste Facility
The City of North Platte has a household hazardous waste facility at 1308 N. Sycamore which will be open the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month for the acceptance of household items such as paint, pesticides, herbicides, and cleaners.
Only residents of Lincoln County are allowed use of this facility. Hours are 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month, excluding holidays.
For other recycling needs, call KNPLCB (Keep North Platte/Lincoln County Beautiful) at 534-8100 or the North Platte Public Service Department at 535-6700.
Items accepted at HHW Collection Facility:
- Auto Fluids: automatic transmission fluid, brake fluid carburetor cleaner, car wax, fuel (gasoline, diesel, kerosene)
- Bug sprays
- Batteries (car and general)
- Car wax
- Engine degreaser
- Floor care products
- Fuel (gasoline, diesel, kerosene)
- Pesticides including: fungicides, insecticides, & herbicides
- Furniture polish & metal polish with solvent
- Lighter fluid
- Mercury thermometers
- Moth balls
- Rat poison
- Solvent-based glue
- Electronics- for .55 per pound fee
- Fluorescent light bulbs
All items must be dropped off in a closed container, weighing no more than 50 pounds or 5 gallons.
Call our offices if you do not see your item on this list.