The North Platte Public Library receives support from many resources. Financial support includes:
- City of North Platte
- Lincoln County Nebraska
- State of Nebraska
- Donations & Memorials
- Organizations like North Platte Genealogical Society (NPGS) that helps fund access to genealogy related electronic resources.
- Various Grants like the recent Library Broadband Builds Nebraska Communities (LBBNC) which was part of the Federally funded Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP).
There are two (2) organizations setup specifically to support the North Platte Public Library (NPPL).
Friends of the Library (FOL) is an organization that raises money for current needs and programming. Their primary sources of funds are from FOL Memberships and semi-annual book sale events. FOL has a legacy fund at Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation so anyone can contribute to this fund. This group is currently raising funds to replace windows and beautify the exterior of the library building.
NPPL Foundation is an organization that raises funds for future needs of the library like adding on or building new. Their money is in a fund at Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation so anyone can contribute.
The North Platte Public Library Foundation has it’s own website visit
Friends of the Library Book Sale information can also be found on this site.
North Platte Public Library Foundation
The North Platte Public Library Foundation is a fund maintained by the Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation.
The current goal of the Foundation is to raise one million dollars to offset a future library bond issue.
NPPL Foundation Board Members
The members of the North Platte Public Library Foundation Board are:
- Carolyn Clark, President
- Robert Barnhouse, Vice President
- Amber Martinson
- Shelly Penner
- Sky Seery
- Cecelia Lawrence, Library Director – Chair
- Sara Aden, Information Systems Manager – Web Maintenance
- Kaycee Anderson, Circulation Library – Researcher
- Misty Bartholomew, Business Manager – Secretary
Friends of the Library Membership Form
Becoming a member of the Friends of the Library entitles you to:
- Quarterly Newsletters about the FOL Projects and Library Events, including Brown Bag Luncheons
- First Day or Early Entry into the FOL’s Popular Book Sale Events
- The feeling that you are doing something that has a direct impact on North Platte’s Public Library services, aesthetics, and programs
Funding from our Book Sales and membership drives has helped the Library:
- Most recently, paid for the new lighting and the EFIS (decorative blue bands) that hide building blemishes
- Installed new windows on the three sides of the facility
- Provide total funding for the Library’s Born to Read program
- Financial with various aspects of the Summer Reading Program and other programming
- Remodel in 2007 by providing pre-carpet install painting and carpet tiles in the Children’s Room
- Partial funding to repave front parking lot
Friends of the Library Board Members
The following people serve as a volunteer board:
- Linda Deeds, President / Treasurer
- Virginia Opitz, Secretary
- Phyllis Swigart
- Randy, Opitz
- Alyce Zulkoski
- Mary Willnerd
- Jeanne Daily