Hearts for Healthcare Heroes!
January 2021-May 2021 Trout Club Teens Explore Individual or family interaction
Participate in a way that works best for you. Join us for all of the activities or highlight the areas that fit your schedule.
The fishing event is the only time that will be limited to the Trout Club and Teens Explore.
There is no age limit for the Trout Club or individual or family interaction.
A weekly program that includes, art, science, nature, biology, writing and so much more.
Please pick up your weekly activity pages at the Library and make tank and trout observations.
Each week will include Tank and Trout Observations, Activity Pages and Journal Entries.
January 4-8 -Register *Take Pre-Test *Pick up Journal *Decorate Cover *Answer questions on first page * Make your initial Water Quality and Trout Observation on chart page
Register In-Person or Online If you register online, you should still come into the Library to pickup your weekly activity journal.
January 11-15 Rainbow Trout Life Cycle -Predict the Hatch *Do this weeks activity pages *Fill out Journal page for Rainbow Trout Life Cycle
January 19-22 Trout Survival
January 25-29 Fish Tank Equipment (Engineering project)
February 1-5 Temperature and O2
February 8-12 External Fish Anatomy
February 16-19 Internal Fish Anatomy (Hopefully a dissection of trout)
February 22-26 NE Fish Species
March 1-5 Fish Adaptations
March 8-12 Trout Habitats and Water Bug Hunt (Hopefully a field trip)
March 22-26 Food Webs
March 29– April 2 Watersheds
April 5-9 Runoff and Pollution
April 12-16 Post test, What Did you Learn page and a diorama of trout in it’s habitat.
We are hoping to have a release date for our trout and a fishing day for active participants. Those dates are to be announced later.
YouTube Live Stream Trout Cam brings the observation experience online and to you anywhere at https://tinyurl.com/y3786ygr
Find all Library Events and register for limited space or fee based events with our public calendar at: https://north-platte.libcal.com.
Story Time resumes every Tuesday starting October 13th. Our staff are masked, we encourage but do not require public masking. We are limiting our Story Time activities to things that can be socially distanced and kids will be encouraged to remain on their carpet square.
The North Platte Public Library will be dropping age requirements and reopening the 2nd floor beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Please read full details and the press release.
The North Platte Public Library will be re-opening for restricted services on Monday, May 11, 2020 at 8:00 am.
Operational hours until further notice will be:
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 – 9:00 am – reserved for vulnerable population access
- Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – access open to anyone 14 years and older
- Saturday and Sunday – the Library will remain closed
- Book drop access for returns will be open 24 x 7 starting Monday, May 11, 2020 at 7:00 am until further notice.
All social distancing practices should be followed.
Please see our frequently asked questions page at https://www.ci.north-platte.ne.us/library/faq for in depth details about other restrictions.
Calling kids ages 5-18…we are having our annual bookmark contest. This year’s theme is “A Dragon’s Tale”.
The 2020 bookmark contest rules:
- One (1) theme related entry per person.
- The Library is closed but the form is available HERE
- Bookmark entries should be outlined in black ink and must be 2 1/8″ (2.125″) wide by 8″ tall as outlined on the form.
- All entries MUST include name, age, and phone number on the entry form
- All Entries should be postmarked by April 6, 2020 and mailed to:
- North Platte Public Library
Attn: Bookmark Contest
120 W 4th ST
North Platte NE 69101
- Entries can also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by April 7, 2020.
- North Platte Public Library
- Bookmarks will be printed and displayed during National Library Week (April 19-25, 2020) and throughout the summer upon the Library re-opening from this current crisis.
- There will be one (1) winner per each age group (5-7, 8-11, 12-14, and 15-18) as decided by the Library’s Bookmark Committee
- Only first names and age of the entry will be included with printed and displayed bookmarks.
If you have questions, call the library at 308-535-8036 x3301.