North Platte Public Library | 120 W 4th ST | North Platte NE 69101
FOR RELEASE: February 1, 2021EFFECTIVE DATE: February 1, 2021 FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:Cecelia Lawrence, Library DirectorNorth Platte Public Library120 West 4th StreetNorth Platte, NE 69101 308-535-8036 X3321 email@example.com
The North Platte Public Library is announcing its current policies and procedures, effective February 1, 2021.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday-Friday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- Saturday and Sunday: Library is closed.
- *NEW* Do not enter the library if you are sick, someone in your household is sick, or you are caregiving for a COVID positive person, or are in quarantine because you have had a direct contact exposure.
- All persons visiting the library are required to use hand sanitizer before entering the main area of the library. This is for the safety of all citizens to limit contamination of library materials, computer keyboards, and library surfaces from the Coronavirus. Per Governor Rickett’s recommendation, facemasks and social distancing of six feet or more is encouraged and recommended.
- *NEW* Although the current Health Directive Measure calls for 100% occupancy for gatherings, the Library’s meeting room occupancy will continue to be at 35% or 25 persons due to the size of the room and the difficulty trying to remain socially distanced in such a small room.
- *NEW* Although the current Health Directive Measure calls for 100% occupancy, the Library’s Creation Station (makerspace) occupancy remains limited to 20% or five (5) people. In addition, everyone in the Creation Station is required to wear a face mask because of the small size of the room and the difficulty to socially distance.
- *NEW* Library staff are available to help eligible persons to sign up for the coronavirus vaccination. The vaccination shot is administered elsewhere, the library is providing registration assistance only.
- There continues to be a maximum time limit of two (2) hours in the library facility. Patrons using computers in the Library’s Technology Learning (TLC) Center have a once a day maximum time limit of 60 minutes. If you need additional time (for employment applications, educational coursework, filing taxes, and similar), please communicate that to the Library Staff member in the TLC.
- All library staff are required to wear masks when working with the public or working in a public area; and may be further protected as their comfort level dictates.
- The second floor library collections and services, including Computer Services, are available. Please note that due to social distancing guidelines, computer availability and technology assistance is limited.
- The Book Drop is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. All returned items and donations must be returned in the book drop and go through a 72 hour quarantine process.
The North Platte Public Library reserves the right to modify (stricter or loosen) these provisions of service based on Health Care Directives from the West Central District Health Department and/or City of North Platte Administration.
You are using the library at your own risk. The North Platte Public Library is not responsible if you contract coronavirus or any other communicable disease. We are taking all precautions to protect our staff and our patrons.