Full details of changes and current COVID policies at the Library are available on the Library COVID FAQ page.
Notable Changes Effective November 16, 2020:
- Building Capacity is now 25%, not counting library staff. The Library is open to all ages.
- Meeting Room Capacity is 25% or 19 people. All meeting scheduling must be made through the Library Director at (308) 535-8036 x3321.
- All in-person Library programming has been cancelled through December 31, 2020. Please consider watching our virtual children’s programming on https://www.facebook.com/NorthPlattePL.
- The Creation Station (makerspace) is open, for training/certification and open build, by appointment only. Creation Station room capacity is three (3) people plus staff. Hours may be limited due to staff scheduling. All persons in the Creation Station must be masked. Please call 308-535-8036 x3320 to make an appointment for Creation Station use.
All other precautions and restrictions will continue:
- Required hand sanitizer use or immediate washing of hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds upon entry
- Maximum time in the building is 2 hours per person, with a daily limit of 60 minutes on public computers, unless cleared for additional time through communication with library staff. Please bring the sanitization card to the appropriate library staff upon ending your session so we can sanitize the station before the next user.
- Staff are required to wear masks in public areas and when assisting customers. Public are encouraged to wear masks. Social Distancing should be observed whenever and where ever possible.
- All returned materials and donations must be placed in the Book Drop or arranged for garage drop off (if over 30 items) and all returns and donations are required to go through a minimum 72 hour quarantine process. A 168 hour (7 day) grace period is in place on overdue fines to account for the quarantine period. Please place items in the book drop by the due date to avoid late fees.
- The drinking fountain and public phone are not available due to hygiene and sanitation concerns. Restrooms are open and cleaned only 1 time per day by custodial staff. Use at your own risk and discretion.
The North Platte Public Library reserves the right to modify (stricter or loosen) these provisions of service based on Health Care Directives from the State of Nebraska, West Central District Health Department, and/or City of North Platte Administration. You are using the library at your own risk. The North Platte Public Library is not responsible if you contract coronavirus or any other communicable disease. We are taking all precautions to protect our staff and our patrons.