Cecelia Lawrence, Library Director
North Platte Public Library
120 W 4th St
North Platte NE 69101
Effective Date/Time: March 16, 2020 3:00 PM
With the recent global pandemic declaration by the World Health Organization and the President of the United States involving COVID-19, the North Platte Public Library intends to take realistic, responsible steps to ensure our continued ability to provide library service for the City of North Platte and Lincoln County. Public safety and the safety of our staff are our number one priority. At the direction of Library Director, Cecelia Lawrence, the following steps are to be implemented immediately to protect our workforce and the public, while ensuring continuity of operations during this impending crisis.
1. All public meeting room use is suspended until further notice. Meeting Room Reservations will not be taken for meeting rooms until after April 20, 2020.
2. All Library programming is suspended and will resume when deemed appropriate.
3. The Technology Learning Resource Center (computer center) will be closed at 3PM today (March 16, 2020) and resume hours when deemed appropriate.
4. The Creation Station Makerspace lab will be closed and will resume hours when deemed appropriate.
5. Stay home if you are sick. Practice regular hand washing and cleaning. Do not touch your face.
The North Platte Public Library will remain open to serve the needs of the public to the best of our ability and we will continue our online presence, including the online catalog and online databases, as well as access to Overdrive and RBdigital for eBooks and downloadable audio books.
Free wifi is accessible for those bringing in their own devices. We are monitoring this crisis closely and look forward to restoring normal operations.